So you are thinking about signing up to box in one of our Ultra White Collar Boxing events. Here's some information to answer some of the common frequently asked questions.
+ WHAT WILL TRAINING BE LIKE?
Be prepared to be put through the paces. It will be hard but it will be the most rewarding thing that you will do and will give you a sense of achievement.
Training will be approximately 2 sessions a week and will be weekday evenings or weekends.
+ WHAT KIT DO I NEED TO BUY?
You will need 16oz gloves, hand wraps and a gum shield for training. For fight night you will need to buy Shorts and a Groin Guard. Ultra White Collar Boxing will provide vests, gloves & head guards on the event night.
All equipment is available to buy from our shop.
+ WHO DO I CONTACT FOR HELP OR ADVICE?
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us via:
+ WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME?
You are expected to commit to 8 weeks training and make as many of the 16 sessions as possible. We want you to:
- Work hard & enjoy yourself
- Use the ‘I am Boxing’ Facebook cover image
- Pledge to raise a minimum £50 for Cancer Research UK via a JustGiving page
- Sell tickets to friends and family (this can be standard, VIP or a combination).
+ WHAT WILL THE EVENT BE LIKE?
The event will be well run and organised, with the medical provision the same as professional boxing. It will be a glamorous black tie event, and will make you feel like a superstar on the night.
+ I'VE SIGNED UP, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- You will receive a confirmation text and email from us inviting you to join a Facebook group. Please make sure you join this group as information will be posted in there across the 8 weeks.
- Cancer Research UK will email you with details of your Just Giving page.
- You will receive a text from your area rep within 14 days of signing up.
- We will invite you along to a registration meeting where we will give you all of the information about the process and give you chance to ask any questions.
- Training starts!
For more information, visit our ‘Whats Involved’ Page.
+ CAN MY COMPANY SUPPORT ME?
If you have a company that would like to support you they can just donate to your Just Giving page, suggested donation is £50. You will then be asked for their logo about two weeks before the event. Your chosen company will then have their logo printed on the back of your vest and will be mentioned throughout the night.
+ HOW DO I SET UP JUSTGIVING?
When you sign up you will receive an email from Cancer Research UK with details of your Just Giving page. If you do not get this email, here’s how to set up your page.
- Click this link to our JustGiving page
- Click ‘see all events’
- Find your event on the right, click ‘view event details’
- Click ‘fundraise for this charity’
- You will then be prompted to make an account. You can either use your Facebook account or your email. Once it’s created you can then start sharing your page. If you get a company to support you they also donate to this account.
If you need any fundraising support, please email us.
+ CAN I ORDER ANY MATERIALS TO HELP WITH MY FUNDRAISING, LIKE COLLECTION BUCKETS?
Yes absolutely, we are more than happy to provide you with materials that will support your fundraising. Please contact Emma Hallas – email@example.com to arrange.
+ HOW DO I GET TICKETS?
Standard tickets are £20 each. VIP tables of 10 can be reserved with a £150 deposit. There are only a limited number available and they always sell out.
Tickets can be bought from your area representative or on Eventbrite.
+ WHEN WILL THE WEIGH IN BE?
The weigh in will be approximately 7 days before your event. You are required to attend the weigh in to find out who you are fighting and have face off photos taken.
+ WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE LIMIT?
The minimum age required is 18. Everyone who wishes to attend the events must also be over 18.
+ HOW WILL I BE MATCHED WITH MY OPPONENT?
You will train as a group for 8 weeks. At the end of the training you will be matched with somebody else from that group who is a similar weight, ability, fitness and age to you. We ensure the fairest matches possible at all of our events.
+ CAN I GET ADVICE ON NUTRITION?
Yes, you can get some great advice on our nutrition page.
+ CAN I GET ADVICE ON EXTRA TRAINING?
The boxing gym will be able to give you advice on extra training. You can also click here for more tips.
+ CAN I BE INSURED?
All participants are insured at the event by Bluefin Insurance.